RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Combat Corsair and Mustang
Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
agromer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Combat Corsair and Mustang

Hi all. I am really late to this discussion, but I am thinking about getting one of these and doing some crazy mods to it. I want to put in a set of electric retracts, which will add about 2.5oz and i want to add the rudder. I have seen plenty of posts and places were people have done this. I was also thinking about bolting on an Enya 53 fs that I have laying around. It is that or sell the Enya and buy an electric outrunner. I have seen that has also been done a lot on these. I used to fly all glow power about 15 yrs back, and got out of the hobby because of time and money. I am now at a point were I can do it again, and I have started with a Pitts park flier and a ParkZone Extra 300. I love the Extra. Now I want some thing that has a film covering instead of a foamy, and I have always loved the Corsair. In fact I have a TopFlight 60 size kit that I never built. I have the Enya 53 fs from when I used to fly. Is this going to make this thing so nose heavy that I have to put a pound of lead in the back, or am I going to be able to make this happen. I am not scared of some thing that has to land with a little speed, as long as it is not to out of control. I would love any thoughts, or suggestions from any one that has done anything like this. Thanks.