View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum - DX7

ORIGINAL: Electriceddie

Hi Zeeb,

Thanks for the info. Can you elaborate on what I need to be aware of? Is there a place or web site location that you would say actually has any value and truth to these types of issuse. Goeed info. is Great but bad info. can be a major issue id the info. is wrong. I'm sure you know what I mean.....LOL....

Tanks Again for the Info.

Ed
Well my favorite link for DX-7 information has been taken down by the gentleman who put it together as website maintenance/operation got too expensive for him to keep running and I've not found another I really like.

The number one issue people have had with this system is electrical power setups. It HAS to be good stuff 'cause these radios are a lot more "computer" than they've ever been and as such don't tolerate "best efforts", it will either work or it won't. That said, 6v systems are the preferred way to go although some of the glider types and folks such as yourself want to run 4.8v due to size/weight differences on the packs. Then there are issues with carbon fiber fuselages needing specific rx's to prevent shielding of the RF signal. The newer Spektrum rx's have either Flight Log capability in the AR7000's or the smaller ones have red lights that will flash to indicate frame losses or holds, essentially telling you the quality of the RF link with the model; suggest some time spent on various Horizon webpages addressing how this works and that you take the suggestions and use 'em.

There are some big threads on the DX-7 in various forums including here, suggest you start with those and I'd go from the back forward as they've been around a long time and some information has changed since the release of the system, the biggest one being the Quick Connect firmware and power brownout indications.

As to which of the posts are good information and which are bad; I think a person can usually tell if you read enough in the threads, who knows what they're talking about and who is just repeating what they've read on the Internet or possibly had a bad experience attributed to the radio but actually a result of operator error.

Hope that helps get you going along with what the other guys have already contributed...