RCU Forums - View Single Post - Miracle switch with fuel dot
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Capt Cash
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miracle switch with fuel dot

I had that switch on one of my gassers and it was ok. I mounted it forward on the fuse and used the switch side of itfor the engine ignition. After the normaloutfitting and fiddling withinstallingall the other itemson a new plane, I realizedI accidentlybroke oneof the soldered wires offat some point. I was able to re-solder it but in my opinion if you unknowinglypush and tug on the exposed wires a few to many times the joints will break. This is true of any switch but this one just appears to be more susceptible to this.

The thought of it as a fire hazard is there but I think it is small and never really crossed my mind before. The fuel dot is nice however itsometimes did not stay seated flush in flight. The O-ring (on mine at least), did not provide enough resistance to hold the dot in securely. Overall the switch just seemed a little large and bulky to me, but these are trivial things and a matter of personal preference. It's probably better than a lot of switches out there but I will most likely not use them again.