RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations
Old 02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations

Agreed......Common sense goes a long way when doing anything, period. No one needs to join any organization to know this, if they do they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Personal responsibility is not negated by an organization, just that the AMA supplies insurance with membership when flying within guidelines.
By the way, I have been an AMA member for over 40 years....Older than most hear now...

ORIGINAL: modelflyer5

I know of a guy that flies over his own land, he lost control of his plane and crashed at his neighbors house. It burnt three acres of his neighbors land. Law suites are pending.
What is the point??? Do you drive a car, maybe you shouldn't, might hit your neighbor?? I guess anyone can have an accident,,,,,, better have insurance. Right???
You missed the whole point in that the AMA (organization) is not the FAA (federal regulatory agency) People are still free to do anything they want (right or wrong) and if deemed wrong by the powers that be, will suffer the consequences...........If you want AMA coverage, simply follow the guidelines..