RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
modelflyer5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting newly posted AMA documents concerning the FAA regulations

There is no requirement to join the AMA. There never will be. My suggestion is that everyone should fly with the rules in mind that the AMA suggests. I am an AMA member. It is upsetting to fly at my local field and witness other members breaking the rules. Instances that can lead to mishaps minor or major.

I don't care if your an AMA member or not. I don't have the privledge to fly on or over my own land. I wish you happiness and hope that you are safe with your flying.

As in the case of the guy being reponsible for burning his neighbors property, he is a AMA member who flies at our field. He owns his own land so his home owners insurance will be reponsible. What hurts, is that this has caused more people in the world believing that RC aircraft should not be flying at all. If he was flying at a field with a nice big fly over area and crashed then he would probably be the victom of a few jokes. Nothing more. When you fly, you fly with everyone on your shoulders. The more bad accidents that happen that involve victims that aren't in the hobby, the more people there will be to ban this hobby.

The FAA will not be able to stop you from flying over your land unless you are a danger to the people around you. It is up to you to not be dangerious. Thats all.

I am a member of two clubs. The first club was under the threat of loosing there field for three years. They actually lucked out and were able to keep there field in the final moments of loosing it. The second club lost there field all together. We are fighting for that while looking for another location. I know how easy it is to not be able to fly anywhere. Please, have respect for those who have to find somewhere to enjoy there hobby and be safe. For everyones sake.

A quick note. The FAA will not be an enemy until you make them one. If you fly safely, and have an accident, then that is one thing. If you are not flying safely not paying attention to suggested rules and not caring about what could happen. That is when the FAA will respond and report on what happend. It will be up to the judge on what to do with you. Again, they will have clear rules in which to follow for everyones safety. They won't need to inforce them, because eventually your style of piloting will get you in trouble with some policing agency that will have the power to stop you.