RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bulldawg Plans, Anyone have them?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Bulldawg Plans, Anyone have them?

Yea, it didn't go into a flat spin for NO reason, it went into a flat spin because the CG is too far back. While you had power on and a good head of speed it was probably alright BUT when you do a hard pull you slow down real fast and if that mill isn't putting enough air over the fuse you'll just loose it. I had mine with the cg too far back and with an empty fuel tank when the engine died it just floated like a leaf, I had no directional control at all and after it was floating moving the elevons didn't make a bit of difference. The nose and fuel tank location is so long though that if you have the CG at 19% empty it'll be under 10 with a full tank which makes the elevator a little slow at launch but nothing like having the CG at 12-15 percent empty which when you launch and pull full up the tail will drop but it will keep plowing straight ahead.

I need to make a new wing for my TopDawg. I flew it last fall and it was just a potato chip it's warped so much. It'll happen. But I remember some fun days skipping the Bulldawg off the runway down in Texas and Rantoul at Spads over Texas and SF 06.