RCU Forums - View Single Post - Binding Light Flashing with new AR8000 Receiver?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Binding Light Flashing with new AR8000 Receiver?

Andy,

Are you refering to the firmware in the older transmitters, or the older receivers? Although, in either case I'd have to say no. Since it wasn't updateable in any of the previous transmitters prior to the DX8.

I've never had a problem with any Spektrum product in the past. Going all the way back to the original DX6, a Module for my Futaba 9C, a DX6i, a DX7, and dozens of receivers. So I've never had the need to check which firmware version I was running. Everything has performed flawlessly.

I do have to say though, that the DX8 is the first Spektrum radio to address all of the things I found lacking with previous Spektrum radios. Like no dual rate rudder in the DX6 (although achievable if you knew how to program it), no throttle activated timer on any radio (which is one of the reasons I sold my DX6i...I could never remember to throw a switch to start the timer), and the DX7 isn't the most user friendly radio on the market to program (at least compared to my Futaba 9C). The DX8 addressed all these concerns, along with many others, to achieve what I believe to be one of the best overall radios you get buy right now. This is why I was so concerned when the led's on my AR8000 kept flashing. I hated the thought of not being able to use my fancy new radio, with all the features that I could ever want in it.

As for the firmware version in my DX8, I did check that out, and it came with version 1.04 installed. So I'm up to date there. As far as I know?

Mark