RCU Forums - View Single Post - CA Model XURAMA BIPLANE Build Glow Powered
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: CA Model XURAMA BIPLANE Build Glow Powered

Yes!! There might be a lot of glow to electric conversions, but this is going to be electric to YS!!!

I'm waiting to see how it comes out to convert mine (ARF),it's Tuny's idea also, it's still not put together but Tuny is right, this plane deserves a YS.

I'm very happy flying my Amethyst Hacker powered, but on blue skies I really miss the smoke, Tuny says it's a sin to fly with no smoke on beautiful skies when there are no clouds, and honestly judges will see the errors with or without smoke, so no excuses for us. My scores sucks because I don't have time to practice, definitely not because of the smoke.

After flying from sea level to 8000Ft Alt fields with the YS CDI and the Hacker, I still prefer YS over the electric, It does have better power response, you just increase two clicks on low power and you can feel the power from the YS, you can't on the electric, on the top power I will say they are pretty much the same, maybe the electric has a little bit more, but the main thing I don't like about electrics and I love on my YS, is electric flight duration is 7 to 8 minutes, against 13 to 14 on the YS, I can practice double the time on YS. Having such short flights in electric definitely sucks, no matter what, no excuses or explanations needed there, just sucks. Of course I only had two flame out on my YS engines in over 8 years.

Why do I fly electrics now? the Amethyst is the reason, it's the best flying plane I ever had, but I want a YS powered Xurama too, remember Tuny, on the formers, two of each please.

Time to get creative Tuny!!

Alejandro P.