RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE FAA And AMA..Good bye Turbine Jets?!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE FAA And AMA..Good bye Turbine Jets?!

Well, I'm not trying to light a fire near a gas pump, but after reading all the threads about how the FAA is trying/going to regulate the AMA and Jets and a 400ft max alt..it makes me wonder if the military use of UAV's have any play in this. It seems like with in the past 4 years the goverment has paid more attention to the use of UAVs and our hobby that we so dearly love. and now want to regulate it. I'm typically pro FAA and just as red blooded american as the next man, but i feel like the simplicity of this hobby is becoming interconnected and made complex to the point its kind of depresing and the fun is slowly fading away. Some long time Turbine pilots are getting out of the hobby..My question is how hard is the AMA going to bat for us and our views in this hobby?
Where is the accountability of the few pilots who are doing silly,stupid and unsafe things with the FPV systems?
Why all the sudden does the FAA feel the need to regulate Jets?
Why does the FAA feel the need to regulate a max Alt we can fly?
with all fairness i dont think its nessary to fly above 1000feet. typically you cant see that high very well with out a FPV system.
Why are jets all the sudden being restricted? Is it the Speed? is it the safety? I thought The AMA was tough enough on safety with the jets
already.
Sure would be nice to have the cliff notes edition/ laymen's version of the proposed regulations.