RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE FAA And AMA..Good bye Turbine Jets?!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE FAA And AMA..Good bye Turbine Jets?!

[quote]ORIGINAL: blhollo2

Well, I'm not trying to light a fire near a gas pump, but after reading all the threads about how the FAA is trying/going to regulate the AMA and Jets and a 400ft max alt..[/qutote]

Some have suggested that might happen, but the latest indications are that the FAA is disposed to allowing us to keep doing what we have been doing with the caveat that we need to detail for them how we plan to do it safely. And by safely I mean how we will address their concerns about flying "see & avoid", what our plan is for loss of control/range, pilot error, and a couple of other things like that. I would not panic and I would not start thinking that the FAA is out to get turbines.

Sure would be nice to have the cliff notes edition/ laymen's version of the proposed regulations.
Nobody outside of the FAA has seen the actual rule. Nobody will until they FAA publishes the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) sometime in June or possibly July. That will be followed by a 60 to possibly 120 day comment period, then some more FAA internal processing and the final rule is expected in late 2012 or possibly 2013.