Old 02-12-2011, 06:07 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with Earthquake 3.5

[quote]ORIGINAL: cswtornado

<meta charset=''utf-8''>
^^^
Everything you said was called for. If this thread was up when I got my RedCat Tornado I wouldn't have bought it... I'd be $350 better off. More to put into my HPI Savage, which is a money pit. Because I use the money I don't spend in parts for upgrades. And still breaks parts.... when I jump it 40+ feet in the air and it lands upside down. So I screw on another $3 suspension arm and keep bashing. I had my RedCrap for a year and it paid for itself twice in repairs.... Granted, I was a noob, but none of them were noob problems. Crappy tire compounds, aluminum worse than Integy's butter.... You name it.

Me and a bud did a bash session with both, racing eachother on road and into a ditch, the Savage went for two days with not a single problem, however the RedCat broke an A arm, shock tower, servo, 2 dogbones, and the antenna by the middle of the first day. We also treated the Savvy to MCUH more pain than the RedCat. We sent the cat into the woods once (which is where it got busted up) but the Savage got rammed into brick walls at half throttle, landed upside down onto pavement off jumps, and went into the woods just like the buggy.

The only Chinese RC chassis I would ever buy would be an on-road. However, I do like RedCat's electronics (ezrun in another buddies traxxas slash) and they do their best to stick by their questionable products. The problem is with the designers, not RedCat.
But I still don't advise anyone to buy one. </meta>
[/quote
This is sort of like comparing a tank to a passenger 4WD truck to see which is more durable; now if you would have done a comparison to say a Redcat Avalanche XP to a Savage it would have been a better match.