RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE

Chuck

It truly is rare to have 45 year old movies of R/C pattern pioneers on convenient DVDs to watch anytime you want. Most movies of the period, (if people took the trouble to shoot them in the first place), are in some dusty box in the basement somewhere. What you did couldn't have been better.

The new footage is even better put together than the original footage and reflects more practive and experience as a "movie director and editor". That movie doesn't just appear by magic...each scene has to be thought-out and put together. I also like the Star-Wars"-type graphic. Looks every bit as good as the Star-Wars movies done by "what's-his-name" Lucas.

I'd like 4 moreI'm going to send one to my brother, and another to Model Aviation editor Michael Ramsey to watch then pass on to the AMA museum. They once told me they needed a bio of Tom for the museum. If they don't have one yet, the video will certainly help. That video is a living, breathing, tribute to R/C pattern pionneers. It is so "cool" to see that planes actually FLY, rather than just hang from the ceiling. You watch them with their dry cells starting them up, and taxiing them out, (just like the rest of us).

Other than the 1963 FAI championship in Belgium, your video is the ONLY other record of the period. And yours is much better quality. It's 52 minutes long too!!!

All the best

Duane