RCU Forums - View Single Post - Banned Again 1st and now last.
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:17 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banned Again 1st and now last.

[quote]ORIGINAL: bradpaul

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Hoss
Thanks for the nod,
I was figuring I could count on you as one of the two nods I could get no problemo

Toolman
Kid, tell me who has the final say about who gets on the ballots
Pretty much like Silent said.
Of course, Silent didnt get into the detail of needing either 3 Leaders as 'lunch buddies',
that or needing to be 'lunch buddies' with your DVP,
to become a Leader Member.

Note: ''lunch buddies'' apparently is a BradPaul term for good ole boy system in use
Kid in other posts you have told of your multiple conversations with Jim Rice your DVP. So it should not be a problem to get the application signed by three ''open members'' and the DVP you have lunch with.
KidEpoxy
Story Time

Once upon a time far far away (yesterday in the city)
I had lunch with AMA Safety Committee Chairman DVP Jim Rice. (He ate I talked)
We talked for a good 10-15mins about the 555pdf concerning metal blades.
In response to my direct questioning I got these answers:
- Yes, he was familiar with 555, his committee wrote it.
- No, nowhere in the current 555pdf does it limit metal blades to Turbine models.
- Yes, if they need to update the 555 at some time they will
- Yes, Non-Turbine is what the safety committee intended... inthat the committee started the discussion in regard to the large scale turbine helis, but sought technical expertise from the heli gurus. When the heli guys returned their recommendations the safety committee weighed the info, and decided to stay with the recommended limits... which was not a Turbine Only limit.

We talked some more, and DVP Rice said he had already read what I posted here earlier.
The end

Moral of the story?
the AMA Safety Com Chairman said the intentions actually are not what we have been reading here.

*obviously the paraphrasing is not a verbatim quotation,
if I misrepresented anything in my abridged recounting
I welcome DVP Rice or Pres DM to provide more accurate detailed info
Don't know how it works out there in Texas, but here in Florida we usually go to lunch with our friends. Some even call it 'networking'' and think it is a good social and business practice.

Brad