RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dennis Bryant Fieseler Storch
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Karleyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dennis Bryant Fieseler Storch

I have acquired a 94" Dennis Bryant Fieseler Storch partially built with four sheets of plans. I think the person who built it gave up when it came to the cabin. The airframe is essentially completed with operating scale gear except for the greenhouse cabin. I have no parts and the plan does not give me the type of directions I am used to with kits which are more visual (photographs) and step by step instructions. I may be spoiled from building all the kits and this is a plane from scratch. If anyone has any suggestions or help how I can start to build this cabin and have it turn out to be reasonably faithful to scale, I would be grateful. I had one person tell me to suck it up and start soldering bits and pieces together, but I am not sure that this is the right strategy. Some photos I have seen show the cabin built from 1/8 dowel and others from 1/8 brass. If anyone has built the Dennis Bryant Storch or similar and was overwhelmed by the cabin structure but persevered, please let me know how they did it.

Thanks

Karleyman