RCU Forums - View Single Post - Running CDI from RX
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:14 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Running CDI from RX

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

I do not poo-hoo anything.
If the maker of the device has certified his product to be absolutely free of unwanted responses to-, or passing white noise RFI disturbances to other devices I still would maybe consider, but still be very careful in using it. I have not seen such certification, and until I have, will not advise anyone to use it directly (galvanicly) connected to any onboard radio receiver.
I was gonna drop the subject but I have to rebutt this one.....

Really?? You are implying that you get certification from every other manufacturer of items you use in models, that these items will "be absolutely free of unwanted responses to-, or passing white noise RFI disturbances to other devices"

Then you further state "I have not seen such certification, and until I have, will not advise anyone to use it directly (galvanicly) connected to any onboard radio receiver".

The question that immediately comes to my mind: Do you even attempt to fly ANYTHING in this hobby? What assurances do you get from everyone else that make you feel secure enough to make an attempt? Radios, engines, airframes, whatever....