RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade
Old 02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
tyrick69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

ORIGINAL: blighty

just been on the JR MacGregor website and found this about the DMSS and DMSX, sorry if posted before.

When can I buy a new MacGregor/JR DSMX set?

We are waiting for information on whether JR will incorporate DSMX into their European specification sets. But such product development is sure to take some time, plus any additional CE testing that may be required.
In addition, all the shipments that JR have planned for the UK are either DSM2 or JR’s own 2.4 DMSS sets.
The combined effect is that CE approved JR DSMX sets are unlikely to be available for a considerable time. If you need a ‘frequency agile’ radio in the near future then it would be well worth considering JR’s new series of XG radios, which use JR DMSS. The XG7 will be available very soon, with the XG8 being released shortly later this year. For more information on JR DMSS radios, please click here:
MacGregor/JR XG7 DMSS Transmitter

no upgrade, but why not bin your over priced Tx and buy a new over priced Tx.

Will I be able to use DSMX receivers with my MacGregor/JR DSM2 transmitter?

Yes, JR DSM2 transmitters are forward compatible with DSMX receivers.
But DSM2 and DSMX Remote receivers are not interchangeable. So please use DSM2 remotes with a DSM2 receiver, and only use DSMX remotes with a DSMX receiver.
In summary, please continue to enjoy using your JR DSM2 set.

unless i read that wrong, that's not what it said on the Horizon link posted earlier. they said DSMX Tx will work with DSM2 Rx's.

quote from Horizon's web site

Should I purchase the DSMX add-on?

Before investing in the DSMX transmitter add-on, there are several important facts about DSMX you need to know:

* To realize the full benefits of DSMX technology you must have both a DSMX Transmitter and a DSMX Receiver
* DSM2 transmitters are compatible with DSMX receivers. Likewise, should you add-on to a DSMX transmitter, the DSM2 receivers you have now will be compatible with it.
* Because DSM2 and DSMX share the same wide-band DSSS foundation, all Spektrum users will enjoy superior range, speed and precision whether theyre using DSM2 equipment, DSMX equipment or a combination of both.
* The difference a DSMX system makes is only apparent when hundreds of 2.4GHz systems are in use at once.* DSM2 users who rarely, if ever, fly in big events or other exceptionally ''noisy'' 2.4GHz environments may find the DSM2 equipment they have now is all they will ever need.

They're referring to the satellite receivers. A DSM2 satellite receiver cannot be used with a DSMX main receiver and vice versa.