RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade
Old 02-17-2011, 07:56 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

ORIGINAL: ira d

I am not confused about Horizon and JR at all. If JR really wanted to make their entire line available to the
U.S. im sure they could find a way to do so. The fact is if DMSS suddely became available a lot of the
current JR customers would be reluctant to purchase because their current gear wouldn't work with it.
I don't agree. Futaba already has 2.4 systems that won't work with each other. Nothing new here. I really don't think DMSS is necessary. How many guys do any of you actually know, who use DSM2, that have had problems. I know none. I have heard of cases, just as with any other system, but we are not talking about massive problems her. I think the percentages would be far less than with narrow band users, if the numbers could be compiled and made public. They will never be, but the fact it, time after time, I go and come from fields with no issues, as do the vast majority of us. What is the big deal?
You are correct about Futaba and the same is true for Airtronics as well in the sense that their lower end 2.4 sytems use a different protocol than their higher end systems,
however the the upper end systems are backwards compatible in both cases. OTOH I suppose JR could make a DMSS system that would also work with DSM2.

I do know and know of some guys that have had problems with DSM2, At my field the DX7 was very popular 2-3 years ago while a few still use it most have went to Airtronics
and Futaba.