RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade
Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 AM
tyrick69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

ORIGINAL: ka9fax

Yes but thats for a parkflyer. and like u said your flying smaller elec. so thats fine, but try putting one in a gas or nitro plane and fly some nice big cycle's at your flying field and see what will happen.[&:]
Your right, I would not and that's why I stated that I only use them in smaller electrics. As far as the need for satellites with DSM2, the explanation that I was given a few years ago is that because of the very short wavelength of the 2.4GHz signal, 2.4GHz systems are much more susceptible to shadowing than 72MHz systems. With a DSSS systems, if the receiver is shadowed behind an engine, battery, carbon fuselage, etc.. it can actually mistake a reflected signal as the actual signal which would appear as a glitch, unintended input, or delayed input. FHSS systems are not really susceptible to reflected signals because by the time the reflected signal reaches the receiver, the transmitter and receiver have already hopped to a new frequency, thus the reflected signal is ignored. With the Spektrum system, the main and satellite receiver are always talking to one another and use the strongest signal that's being received by either the main or satellite thus reducing the potential for reflected signals to cause glitching because any direct signal will have more strength than a reflected signal.