RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade
Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 AM
tyrick69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

Of course you are using a discussion of 802.11 to bolster your defense of DSMX and the two are very different. In fact, with the new ''frequency hopping,'' DSMX is now *very* close to the transmission mechanisms used by other 2.4GHz units. You didn't answer the question, if the reason for the satellite RXs is because of multipath, why does DSMX still need them? The answer has more to do with the gain and selectivity of the receivers rather than multipath..

If course, my bottom-line question still remains, why can't US customers get DMSS?

Bob
Bob,
I am not defending DSMX. The question was asked earlier in the forum why the Spektrum system needs satellite receivers at all when these other systems did not. I was comparing DSSS to FHSS in an attempt to answer that question. I don't know the answer to your question regarding DSMX nor do I really care. Ask John Redman or someone with more knowledge of the system. I don't know why some (most of whom don't even use the system) spend so much time and energy trying to disprove it's validity. If you don't use it, why do you care? I don't care if you fly Futaba, Hitec, Spektrum, Airtronics, WHATEVER. If it works for you, that's great, I'm happy for you. Just let it go and have fun flying for Pete's sake.