RCU Forums - View Single Post - an old toygrade RC badly needs your help!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:20 PM
scotty4Him

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: an old toygrade RC badly needs your help!

ORIGINAL: BigTb17

Are you saying the resistor you installed in place of the melted component is getting hot? Do you know what the component was? Was it a resistor before, and if so, do you know what the resistance value was? Without knowing for sure your replacement resistor is just a guess and may be doing more harm than good.

Those "heatsinks" you blew are likely the main power transistors for the speed control aspect of that board. They are screwed onto the heatsinks to dissapate heat during normal use. If you melted the connections off the bottom of the board under all four, you very likely cooked the transistors too. What voltage was the car originally supposed to run on?

Unfortunately it isn't likely to be worth trying to fix that board. You would probably have to start testing individual circuits and components to figure out what exactly isn't working properly.
yes the resistor i replaced is getting warm , the componant was sort of like a cross between a fuse a resistor the value wasnt very high as the moment I pluged the battery in the fuse thing glowed bright orange as it melted, the heatsinks conections didnt melt on the board they all just cracked so I replaced them, the car is supposed to run on a 7.2 stick pack im using the same one it came with, but its also suposed to have a 9v wired in there as well I remeber before that without the 9v the car wouldnt work so I wired the 9v back in, I took my multimeter and test the continuity and the multimeter says there continuity everywhere throughout the whole board, theres no sign of overheating anywhere on the board so I dont know what could be wrong with it