RCU Forums - View Single Post - List of Chinese Engines
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: List of Chinese Engines

It works, thanks guys. Now when I was trying to start my engine a thought cross my mind. At first I couldn`t get the engine started so I was checking to see if I was getting a spark at the plug. I didn`t see any so I exchanged plugs with another engine my buddy had. The plugs had the same threads but the plug on my Sachs 3.2 was bigger. The white porcelain part was fatter and longer. I can`t remember the plug numbers. I got the engine running and saw no difference in performance with either plug. Now maybe it would have showed up in the air but none on the ground. Now how do one know if they are using the right plug in an engine especially if gotten used and there is no manual. I know for glo engines there are cold, medium and hot plugs used for different applications. Cold for hi-nitro, hi-revving engines, hot could be used in the winter time to aide in easier starting and so on. How do one know the the right spark plug is in a gas engine. Now folks this don`t apply to the popular name brand engines with manufacture web sites with all engine info available, just the off brands and brands that are long gone. I think this bit of information I need to know, to be sure my engine is operating at optimum.