RCU Forums - View Single Post - LOSI XXL (Roller). Did I get a good DEAL?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:43 AM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI XXL (Roller). Did I get a good DEAL?

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

So I am picking up a roller LOSI XXL for 150 tomorrow morning. The truck is in GREAT shape from the photos and is very clean, I told the guy I only needed a roller because I will be converting it to brushless. He owns his own hobby shop and said he will sell it to me without the 454 motor for $150. It does need a steering servo and the stock radio is not with it so he's giving me some Jr2 radio or something and he has a brand new body for it. I just plan on using one of my many 2.4ghz transmitters so i'll just need to get a receiver for the truck off ebay.

SO anyway I think I got a good deal, just wondering what the going rate are for these trucks these days? I think it worked out well for me since I wanted one brushless and he took the motor off. I'll be adding a Mamba Monster ESC and 2200KV Castle motor out of a BL E-Revo.
Remember, you need 2 servos for the steering. The stock ones suck anyway, so no biggie there. If the chassis,body and rest are in good condition, its a fair deal. It is a GREAT chassis though, you can't do better than the LST XXL as a platform, that I will say.

Here is what I would do, offer him $100 for just the roller, no servos, no motor, no reciever or transmitter and then build up from there. Your gonna end up upgrading alot of the stock parts anyway garenteed.