RCU Forums - View Single Post - LOSI XXL (Roller). Did I get a good DEAL?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 AM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI XXL (Roller). Did I get a good DEAL?

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

If I'm not mistaken, the XXL has upgraded servos over the LST2 - i.e. 2x JR 650's instead of the 590's.. So, they don't necessarily "suck"... 650's were an ideal upgrade for the LST2. They can also be had dirt cheap on ebay from chop shops.. Anything better is gonna cost a lot more.

BTW, FYI, Savox has a fantastic deal on servos now. Send in your old and get 20 bucks off.. I.e. you can get a 1258 for like $43 of something.... I just bought a Spektrum H6040, which is identical to the Savox 1258, for gas in DM-1, and it's wicked fast - plus 13 kilos...

https://www.savoxusa.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=19
No, not necessarily so. My XXL came with a pair of analogZ590's, they absolutely suck. I am also very familiar with the analogZ650M's, they aren't much better. The "claimed" specs are .17 transit speed with 142oz. of torque(and holding torque is under 50oz. each), but a pair of them still can't even center the steering on an XXL standing still.

Savox servos are way overrated. The only 2 worth a cr@p are the 1267 and 1268MG, and even with the $20 off, they are still over priced. You can pick up a pair of Tower Hobby TS 170's for around $160 shipped when you use a tower coupon. All these are are Rebadged Hitec 7955 servos featuring full ball bearings,coreless motor,titanium gearset are DIGITALand the specs are excellent. .15 transit time with 333oz of torque at 6v. They also unofficially run at 7.4 volts as well and the specs are .12 transit with 408oz of torque each. Best bang for the buck on the market now IMO.

The next best bang for the buck is the G&P sales digitalPower plus pro servo. About $45 shipped. .13 transit speed with 208oz torque at 6 volts. Anything less than 400oz torque on the steering servos combined though for the XXL is less than ideal.