RCU Forums - View Single Post - LOSI XXL (Roller). Did I get a good DEAL?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:52 AM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI XXL (Roller). Did I get a good DEAL?

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I run a Hitec 5955 in my SC8, and the Hobbico C170 in my DM-1*. They ARE my favorite servos.

Still, two of them even with a discount is roughly TWICE the price of the two Savox... $160 bucks for steering in a basher MT for steering is a lot IMO.. If your basher MT is your primary RC, then go for it...

I run all 590's in both my LST2's.. I do think they kind of suck, and are unreliable. BUT, they are cheap enough to replace, and for bashing, with a well-charged battery, they get the job done well enough... - both in my basher and in my racer.. I can live with them. My LST2's are not my main RC's as far as dumping money into them, so servos for them is one place where I accept cuts in performance - and price... I have 2-3 in the drawer as backups, and that will see me through the lifetimes of both...

Furthermore, with Hitecs you have to change the linkages with other parts, etc...

*The Hobbico seems to me noticeably slower than my Hitec....
How do you get twice the price for a DECENT savox servo pair? Even with a $20 off discount, a pair os still $150 plus shipping.