RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASM P-61 kit Build
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ASM P-61 kit Build

I ordered a set from Hobby People amonth or so back. They had a close out on them. Ihave a set drawn up in CAD so you could work from the dimentions for other replacements.If they don't have any more. The one's I fgot this timehad wire holes in the main blocks vs holes for the struts. Not a big deal, just drill out to size. They matched the drawings I made from the first set that I sent back. The side frames were not punched out correctly and nothing aligned well them. The screw holes were all off and the side rails had quite a dihedral and twist in the mounting surfaces. I sent them back and when they got a new shipment in, they checked the new ones and they were the same as the ones I sent back, so they gave me my money back. I put the plane aside and when I saw the flyer for the retracts, I decided to go ahead and buy a set, knowing I may have to repair them before I ever use them, as my progress on making my own wasn't very good. At least the last price was quite a bit less than the first, ones.

Don