RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth it to get a SC Truck
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:34 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Is it worth it to get a SC Truck

Umm I don;t know what SLASH these guys own but from my experience a Slash is NOT a very good basher. Now can it bash..of course yes it can..but can it take a serious beating? I know mine did not.

IF you are not going to race SC then i'd highly suggest another truck. (I.E. HPI E-Savage, Traxxas Summit (a bit slower), Savage Flux, E-Revo)

Now a Slash is a GREAT truck, very good SC truck and fun to play around with. I dislike it as a BASHER because.... it has a low chassis that snags on everything, also the tires are too small so it's much slower in grass and off road IF it's not dirt packed.

Dirt packed the slash will kick some butt! But say a "Park" where most people run it's going to be spinning it's wheels (2wd's) and I know this because I owned one and I bashed last night with my buddy who has a 2wd slash with an awesome brushless system in it. He was spinning like crazy, got stuck ALL the time (in which I pushed him out about 10 times with my Summit) and he chewed up a spur gear, he also breaks casters and a few other parts regularly and complains about it a lot.

So take it for what it's worth, just saying this is my experience with them.

IF your goign to run SC, then I highly suggest you do buy a Slash but I don;t suggest it as a main basher... IMO.