RCU Forums - View Single Post - Miss Geico 29 Catamaran
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:04 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss Geico 29 Catamaran

ORIGINAL: losifiend

I go 71, 57, to the 210. I could meet you in Glendora and you could leave your truck at a park-n-ride or at a shopping center. We could shoot down the carpool lane too since the 210 gets a bit packed on the way back. You coming to Chino to head out from here would not be a good route. Totally up to you.

The mount needs holes drilled along the bottom so the fiberglass resin grabs. How I do my mounts is to lay a layer of glass along the bottom and the hull, which reinforces the boat and makes for a good platform for the mount, and just when the resin becomes tacky I install the mount and secure it with strips of cloth and more resin. That makes for a solid, monolithic bond and it will never come loose. That's how I have done it in my Widowmaker, my Geneis, and now this hull. Some people use epoxy or JB Weld when affixing their mounts, but I like everything to look the same inside the boat. Nice and clean. I hate wood inside these boats. No matter how well it's sealed it always rots.

The AQ boat looks good over all but I will wait to see how it does on the water before getting too critical. If it's not as wide as the Geico, it will fall behind. The Geico can take full speed turn and asks for more and seems to run the same wether it's choppy or on glass. If the AQ hull is too narrow we all know what will happen!

SRT, we deny get video because everyone was too busy watching or driving, lol
Bugger!