RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth it to get a SC Truck
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it worth it to get a SC Truck

Lol no, sorry, need to elaborate I guess. I cleaned and Jig-A-Loo'd all the moving parts, shock mounts, hinge pins, carriers, etc. basically anything that moves with the suspension. I also emptied and cleaned and refilled the shock oil, but i was changing the viscosity anyways so I dont think that is 100% neccesary. I say use a drying lube (like the 'Loo) because it will keep it nice and moveable and lubed but wont attract the dirt and grime like a wet lube will (ie: WD40). Just general maitenance should correct it.

And in the even that it is your hige pins binding, I suggest cleaning them and rolling them on a flat piece of glass to ensure they are smooth and straight, if they arent, then THERE is your problem and they should be replaced.

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

For some reasonmy slash's rear suspension gets really sticky for some reason.

Had this issue with my 4X4 and I solved it by cleaning everything, took the hinge pins out, cleaned em, polished up with scotch-brite and useda drying lube (Jig-A-Loo is my favorite) and put it all back together, smooth as butter now. O, and keep it clean and maintained!!!
So all you did was clean the shocks off and it was good?