RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Krill Spark Evo I- Build Thread.....
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New Krill Spark Evo I- Build Thread.....

Tonight my Spark Evo took to the sky!!!!
It was not a very good day to fly as the winds were high and the sky was very dark but I had to fly my spark to get it in the air.
My setup is as follows
Hacker C50-14XL
Castle Ice 80HV Lite
Thunder Power 10s5000 Pro Lites
Futaba BLS551 Aileron servos
Futaba BLS651 Elevator Servos
Futaba BLS352 Rudder Servo
Thunder Power 2s730 mah receiver pack
Castle BEC for switch, until I get my Digiswitch in.
Falcon 21x14 carbon prop

Final weight was 4.75 Kilos RTF.

The model flew extremely well with very little trim needed. The wing incidence is already set for you and I was worried about not enough positive in the wing and I was wrong. After trimming the model I was able to tell the model was flying with a nice fuse angle and not tail low that I was worried about.

I started to run the plane through the sequences and notice that I needed to increase my aileron throw to achieve the snaps I was looking for. After a bit of playing around with this I was pretty happy with the setup I have. I have to add a bit of down thrust to my model as it pulls ever so slightly to the canopy on a long upline. I will do that tonight and try and get out and fly tomorrow as well.
The elevator authority is great on the model, seems to be really happy even in the bumpy conditions we had tonight. Rudder authority is amazing!! It feels great for stall turns and all other rudder demanding maneuvers( Figure M in P sequence). I have cut the expo down from -60 on the Spark Dynamic to -45 on the Evo.

More news to follow.

I must thank Darin Pierce a ton for finishing off the airplane for me. I was sent to Yuma to do some testing for the Army and could not finish the airplane off and Darin offered to put the plane together for me. I returned home Sunday night and went to his house Monday night and finished it off. Thanks Darin!!!
Andrew
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nk28159.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	1568503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23331.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	1568504