RCU Forums - View Single Post - Baby classic pattern planes are here!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 PM
dfturnock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baby classic pattern planes are here!

Just got contacted by the Duff, the guy whose Baby Curare is in the above pictures. Here is what he said:

Hello Don:<pre wrap="">Got a chance to fly the Baby Curare. She's a winner. Very quick and responsive. Tracks straight and true. Here is the information on the set up:All up weight with 2200 maH three cell pack-42 ozs. Motor- BP Hobbies 2814-8Speed Control- EFlite 40 amp proHitec HS-82MG servos x4 (two for the ailerons, didn't use the strip setup)Prop- APC 9X9 ElectricThe system draws 33 amps at peak power (first minute of the pack). Plane has plenty of vertical at half throtle. With this setup, plane is nose heavy. I'm going to try a BP-2217-9 with a 1300 maH pack and a 25 amp speed control and see what happens. I'll let you know. Duff************Sounds like it flies great. A bit more than Iwould have installed, but what great vertical. Will be interesting to hear the report when the weight is reduced. Should fly even better, with about the same vertical due to the weight loss.Finally caught up enough from the snow days to get back to the Baby Mach One. Will go electric to do some weight experimenting, but definitely single aileron servo, and small pack to save weight. Iam all about cutting wing loading on all the planes Ifly, since Ilike flying 'slow and pretty'. I want just enough vertical to do the routines, but Imay be in the minority As always, your milage may vary.<pre wrap="">About have the Troublemaker ready also, will try both a .10 and .15 glow on it.</pre>Don
</pre>