RCU Forums - View Single Post - do you think i should give nitro a try?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Dragonii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: do you think i should give nitro a try?

I have a couple of electric and a couple of nitro. Latest addition was the Avalanche XP. I enjoy the ease of the electric, plug and play so to speak, but no matter how fast they are there is nothing like squezing the trigger and seeing the Avalanche scream to life. That nitro sound, the smell of exhuast and the faint trail of smoke that she leaves as she barrels across the park... it just makes it feel less like a toy.
Don't get me wrong, I love the electric ones too, but the whimpy little whir of an electric motor just doesn't envoke the same feelings as the scream of a nitro engine. As for tunning, it's not really that difficult. The thing only has three screws on the carb to adjust and one of those is best left alone. Yes, Nitro is like $30/gallon, but it last for a while.

My other nitro car is a Redcat Shockwave. It is getting an engine transplant this weekend. Bumping it up from the VX 16 to a SH 18 and upgrading the single speed tranny to a two speed. Can't wait to get that broken in.
I guess part of the appeal of nitro for me is the tinkering... but I tinker with my electrics as well. I think the only on my Df02 chassis that is original is the gears and the lower A arms and my old Kyosho is getting a whole new custom made aluminum chassis.

I agree with the recomendation of the Avalanche or Monsoon, from what I see of my new Avalanche the thing is tough as nails. I know my little 1/10 electrics would have come home last Saturday with something cracked or missing if I would have run them the way I was running the Avalanche.

Not to mention, she just looks bad ass...