RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Losi Desert Truck Thread!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Sh1mmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Losi Desert Truck Thread!

@ JamesPearlEX

Hmm, turning circle shouldnt be too bad, I'm running 50k in mine and it pretty much does what I want it to, turns fine, stable and predictable.
Would be interesting to see how well gladiators on the front would be.

Yeah, the idlers I have broken really only seem to break when it feels your going easy.

Sucks to hear about the motors, havn't heard of the hobbywings exploding like that.

Any 540 motor will be a good upgrade, so much more power over the 9t, you have the 35a esc though right? combo probably would be a bit cheaper.
The combo I got a little while ago, the Leopard 3650 2.5y 2930kv and EzRun SC10 70A costed me $127 delivered.
Not a fan of the ESC, has a few niggly bits that I don't like, such as soft start and the and a couple of other things that my mind just went completely blank on........ cant be that bad then, haha.
The motor at first I thought was a bit lame and hot but after cranking the timing up and some punch to go with it, it really brought it to life.
More powerful than the Velineon 3500 (although not always obvious, could be partly to do with the ESC though), a lot more snappy/crisp, MUCH more smoother (It crawls without cogging), runs a little cooler (I think I can get a bigger pinion on) and I think it would be more happy on 3s lipo (although a lower kv would be nicer for 3s I think).
Definitely worth the $60 odd.

It wasn't until after I had already bought it, that I learned of Castles SCT system for about $110, comes with the V2 sidewinder and a 3800kv motor.

Woah, must have been one hell of an impact to break the T plate and shock tower, I've never event put a scratch on my rear shock tower, thought it was near impossible to break.
How high was the jump to break the front tower, I only broke mine by running it into a wood heater at full throttle (radio batts were nearly flat and glitched).
I've no idea why the back would go down when jumping, a weird one that.

@ goedmonds
Do you have any large jumps on your track, how do ya manage to break that many parts? haha.
I suppose racing 5 days a week would explain some of it.
I still need to get those XXX CR front hubs and spindles, see if it can be done that way, front hexes would be so much nicer.

Losi XXX SCT aluminium http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...tegory&path=63

On another note, I may be selling my 2nd DT, might be getting a Mugen MBX5T (to convert to electric of course... 6s power )
Found a nice deal for 2 of them, my brother will be taking the other.