RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale F9F Panther build
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale F9F Panther build

I was able to hinge my elevators now I need to round them off and glue on a hinge cover. I cut all the parts out for my vertical including the all important FR-7(just kidding). Vladimir made a few more 200 oz. fuel tanks. they are very nice with baffles installed to keep the fuel from sloshing around. They also have a machined aluminum opening for access. I think this is #3 and 4 on the tanks so he has one more to go. A little more bondo was added to the canopy plug to get it close to final shape by Vladimir. Now Hal will take it and primer it to continue fine sanding it. I had to move my table away from the wall to get my vertical stab location over the table so I could start building it up and squaring it. There are a few home made pieces under FR-5&6 to hold them and square them. But when you are scratch building you can do what ever you want . I had to open a few locations in the tail for a place to run Elevator and rudder servo leads. there should be plenty of room since the elevator servos are in the stab. The servo tray in the vertical is for the rudder servo.