RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prop Bites!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
alanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prop Bites!!!

we have all been careless,   my  worst was from the smallest engine, a cox 049, damned thing opened me up like a tin opener,     worst  2 prop jobs i saw where a 60 powered pusher launch,   he didnt remove his hand and arm fast enought, model was a difficult to hold delta,    just ripped open his forearm, and

2nd was a busy body,  watching a 40 being run up,  for some insane busy body reason, he looked at the noseleg, saw it was round the wrong way,   and reached through the prop to turn it round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    engine was at full bore,     he didnt do that again!!

3rd was terrible,    friend of mine was videoing his large camera carrying heli, being set up in the hover,     this was a mega chopper with carbon blades,   radio link failed,  chopper flew into his chest, chopped the camera up,  that at least took some of the inertia,  but, he raised his hands to shield hiself,     you can guess the rest,    hands, chest, face, all slashed with a set of smashed carbon blades, doing high rpm,    it took a while for him to mend,      

it doesnt matter what model it is,     treated unwisely, its a potential killer,    just be carefull,