RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:16 PM
RCGuy41

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Hey Gregory,

Sounds as if you are off on the right foot with your build. As for the gyro it will be tie'd in with your rudder servo's with the sensativity line pluged into the aux channel (2 postion) selected for a gyro. As for sensativity you'll need to get into your radio and set it at approximately 75% on high AVCS for the GY401, the low side should average approximately 10% or less. Ronbell is correct, upon take off switch your gyro from AVCS to your low rate, with AVCS on and trying to turn with rudders the gyro is going to fight the turn because the gyro wants to go strait. On another note, the GY401 gyro has two seperate settings for the type of servo your running, on most helo's they are running a digital, we on the other hand don't need a digital so we us two analog servo's so the gyro needs selecting to analog, with the gyro set in digital will actualy burn up a analog servo because the gyro is sending out a more powerful signal that a analog servo can't handle. As for where to mount your gyro, some will say to mount it at the center of the aircraft at the intersection of the longitudinal and lateral axis, the line from the center of the fuse and the line between the wing tips, where these two lines intersect that's where your gyro should be mounted. I have mounted my gyro just under the removable flight deck and my gyro works just fine, do your own research and determine where you will mount your gyro. On your 9303 select a empty two position toggle that won't get bumped while flying your bird. I'm getting ready for the upcoming flying season and have one nem bird to maiden and others ready to get back into the air.