RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM
ronbell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Thanks for the kind comments guys. To be fair, I do have the advantage of doing the bomb bay first so I am not trying to modify a 20lb aircraft that is already crammed with stuff. Having said that I have learned a lot along the way and made several minor changes to the Wingspan design that could be helpful to others embarking on the addition of the bomb bay system. Feel free to contact me if you want my take on the strengths and weaknesses of the stock mod kit.

Greg - for the gyro you will need a Rx channel assigned to gyro gain control. I am implementing that by combining the rudders and nose steering servos via a matchbox - the Rx rudder channel feeds the gyro input, the gyro output feeds the matchbox, and the matchbox feeds the 3 servos for rudder and steering. The Rx channel that would have been used for nose steering is then available for gyro gain control. In addition to the matchbox taking care of servo reversing (if needed) and matching of the rudder servos it also removes the issue of whether your servos are compatible with the gyro. However, if, like me, you are using all digital servos then that is a non issue anyway. The downside to this approach is that it means that steering trim has to be set up via the matchbox and steering range will be mostly determined by the mechanical set-up of the steering servo arm. This is because, from the bench testing I have done,the ATV adjustment range of the matchbox appears to be quite limited. I am planning to use the smallest arm I have on the steering servo as I keep hearing that less is more for steering on this aircraft, especially when flying from asphalt.

Ron.