RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pz IV 7.5cm KwK 37L24 question
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:41 PM
whiteknight1066

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pz IV 7.5cm KwK 37L24 question

Ahoy the forum! You all are such a supportive and informative community, and Iwanted to give cudos to all the guys helping other tankers out here. I've asked a series of questions and gotten some very helpful and informative replies, and here Iam again with my newest question. I intend to put recoil into my HL Pz IV, and want to get an accurate barrel. I've seen the Tank Modellbau version, but I'm not sure I want to try it. For one thing, there seems to be some issues with supply from them (according to Welsh Dragon), so Ihave no idea if Ican even procure the part I want. The other concern is that while it may look right, the 7.5cm KwK 37L24 barrel fro mthem may not function correctly, and that leads me to my question:

How does the barrel and recoil assembly function on the 1:1 scale model? Or to put it another way, how doesthe real thing work . I can't tell if the whole thing beyond the wide part that sticks out of the mantlet (the part shrouding the recoil cylinders, Ithink) recoils back, or if only the very end part, the narrow protrusion, recoils back into a wider housing. Ihope that was clear, and Ican explain it better if needs be. Anyone know? If the whole assemble recoils I can just buy the part, but if it's a gun tube that travels inside a larger housing I'll build my own. As usual, thanks for the help!

Andrew