RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 PM
gregory.aldrich1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Okay, question for Brad, Ron and Dave. First off, I used one matchbox for trimming the flaps. I will simply mechanically adjust each wings flaps to as close as possible and then use the matchbox to adjust each wing seperately. Now that leaves me a matchbox (ordered a twin pack) to use after the gyro. My plan is to use the matchbox exactly as ron stated. RX to gyro, gyro to matchbox and then onto the servos. The only difference will be I will only run a single line to the back and match the rudder servos mechanically, like the flap servos in each wing. Now, I understand the concept of the matchbox and how I can fine tune the nose gear to taxi straight seperately from adjusting the trim on the rudders. That will come in handy once the maiden is done and I may have had to trim the rudder in flight. That will change the nose steering and I can counteract that by adjusting the matchbox only and get the nose wheel back to center without affecting my trim adjustment on the rudders. That is all great and I love the technology we have at our disposal these days. I'm all good with that. Here's my problem. I have no freaking idea what I am doing with this gyro and after tinkering with it for two hours, I think I finally got it to switch from one gain to another but I have no idea what gain I should be at.
I, like Dave have the gain switching on the three position switch above my right stick. I am using a JR XP9303. I have enabled the gyro mode and I can adjust. I've figured that much out anyway. I also have the gyro switches in the right place. Digital switched off because I am using HS82MG's. Reversing switch is in right position because the surfaces and nose gear are turing in the right direction. My problem is this, without any experience with gyros, I don't know what to set the "delay" at and I don't know what to set the values at on the gyro system screen on the TX. Could someone tell me what those values should be? I understand that the HH mode has to be on while powering up for the gyro to set itself. After that, I guess the second position should be for flight. What would the third position be for, to turn the thing off all together? I have been pulling my hair out way too long already. I need help! Thanks, Greg