RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:01 AM
RCGuy41

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Greg,

On your GY401, leave the DS switch in "off", the DIR switch put it in rev the reason, when a right eng goes out the plane yaws to the left on the good eng. You want the rudders to counter that yaw to keep the plane flying strait. As for the delay and limit I left mine as they sat from the factory and I have had no problems from it. Greg you only need a two position switch for your bird, AVCS (Heading hold) used for taking off and landing, after gear up and before my first turn the gyro gets turned off. If there is an inflight emergency my switch is just above my right index finger. I'm flying my B-25 with a DX7 spread spektrum system and my pre-flight concists of the following; battery volt check (plane & TX), install both outer wings, fuel, air, check TX all switches in normal (for me all up), power up the TX, power up the plane (do not touch for 10 seconds, gyro sync) the gyro sets its self to AVCS (HH) check with rudder input the gyro fights the input, then turn off gyro and check free movement of rudders, and finaly perform a range check.

Greg as for your nose gear steering, after my maiden flight my steering wasn't the greatest with that said I trimmed the rudders in-flight, after landing I had to manualy change the steering linkage to compensate that wasn't very hard, just a few turns at the turn buckels connected to the nose wheel steering servo. Any further questions please feel free to ask.