RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 AM
djstar39
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Something else to think about... when you're lined up on the runway and you advance the throttles, if both engines don't spool up together in the same RPM range, you're likely to have this bird wander all over the runway from one engine pulling stronger than the other as you advance from idle to full throttle. Normally what follows is a lot of rudder input (usually over correcting if you're me) to keep her straight.

Taking off in HH mode will help to keep this straight. I have brakes on mine so I line up, hit the brakes, run both engines up to full power, and then release the brakes. Always straight and true and I usually take off in rate mode which helps a little if you have a gusty cross wind.

I believe if you take off in HH mode that you have to be careful NOT to touch the rudders when advancing the throttle. I believe (could be wrong) that entering any rudder inputs on takeoff would change the rudder neutral position and the gyro is going to try to correct. Ron, is that right?