RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pz IV 7.5cm KwK 37L24 question
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:44 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pz IV 7.5cm KwK 37L24 question

ORIGINAL: pattoncommander

The F2 would look ''neater'' as the long gun tube recoils into the larger sleeve and you can see more movement. Tiger I the same system. Somehow, anything Germany made was overly complicated....the US recoil systems were so much simpler and easier to maintain.

Whitenight...I think a little finagling would make the after market stuff a little more believable. Placing a stationary sleeve around the L24 gun over the secondary step to show only the forward inch recoiling might be the thing. The whole gun tube could recoil, but you'd only see the movement of the muzzle end.

What I'm waiting for is for someone to integrate a CO2 or air puff directed at the ground by the muzzle. That would make it SO much more realistic over the flash and stupid HL tank jump with a bit of dust/talcum kicked up when the main gun fires.
Hi Bill, I'm looking forward to you and Don coming to Danville at the end of April.

You bring two Greman phrases to mind that were driven into my head when I was a kid from my Umpah and father.... "Ordnung muss Sein" ... "Evererything must be in order/proper" and "Ganz Praziert" ... "High precision". They simply just can't help themselves. After all, anything worth doing is worth doing right. Apparently these were not the best values to have in the mad rush of war production. Good thing for us.