RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ 60 Size Hurricane with DLE 20
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 05:16 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: VQ 60 Size Hurricane with DLE 20

I gave up on the exhaust system. Was getting grumbles about how LOUD it was at the club. Worried about niegbors etc. Tried the hedder from Virginia Model Builders but it really was't any quieter. Pitts won't fit, or if it did the can would be too close to the ignition modual, probably too much heat for it. Thought about moving the ignition modual inside and above front of gas tank, but that is were my fuel filler and plumbing is located. Couldn't find anything on the market I thought would work, and didn't want to spend the money for a custom made muffler and pipe, so just installed the stock muffler. Now that the engine is getting broken in, it was turning 9,150 rpm with the straight pipe, now 9,050 with the stock muffler. Not quiet, but acceptable. Flew it one last time with the straight pipe. In the air it way screaming, really winding up in the turn and coming back over the field after take off. Just not enough room in the cowling after putting both batteries and ign modual up front.