RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A Size Dumas Boat Club
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 PM
coriolan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A Size Boat Club

ORIGINAL: misshydro

you just dont like rigger,,buzz saw....bet it would go alot faster then the german rigger in that video..
The outrigger in post #312 was the most impressive 1/2A boat I have seen so far and even more impressive when you see the crude build in post #317 with that very long cable without any support and the sharp break on the sponson curve. The rudder bracket is very long and thin so must flex a lot which explain the crash at the end of the run[:-]
These Fora and Profi are indeed nice (have seen some used in c/l combat & 1/2A proto)and there is just no comparaison with a more than 50 year old Cox design. But they are tricky to use, run only on bladder pressure and very picky about prop choice and no trottle which would be necessary. The real eye opener for me was to realize that even a Reedy Cox could swing something bigger than a 1" Dumas prop, virtually all the 1/2A (.049)before were using similar small low pitch prop with narrow blade and all had tepid performances at best. The outrigger I am refitting now is just a recycled FE to get it in the water quick, but I can't wait to build a "proper" boat[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64712.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1572968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39290.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1572969