RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale F9F Panther build
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 PM
owl182

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale F9F Panther build

Here's a couple of photos of the bagged cores. I'm a traditionalist and have always bagged the cores in the beds. I use a set up I put together some 15 years ago. The bags and bag clips are from Aerospace Composites. It consists of a nylon vacuum bag sealed at both ends with plastic rods, allowing you the ability to open and seal the bag at any time-to reposition the core for example. My pump was a surplus vac pump I purchased cheaply. I bought a vacuum pressure on off switch and made a vacuum reservoir tank from pvc pipe(its painted black in the image). I don't have a basement to conceal the noise so I like that the pump doesn't run all night long. If you have a well sealed bag it might turn on only a couple times per hour for a minute or two. The vacuum is maintained by the reservoir tank not directly by the pump so the bags don't lose much during the process. After curing overnight they're ready to removed and worked on.

I've removed the cores and they're ready to get the slots cut for the aluminum wing bars for the plugins.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67738.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1573927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25753.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1573928