RCU Forums - View Single Post - Return to pattern
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
alawel
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Return to pattern

Well, I have the first 10 or 12 flights on the miss wind now. Very nice flying plane. The assembly was a piece of cake, nothing worth even noting. The suggested motor and ESC work very well, plenty of power, can always use more, but this is a good combination. The airplane tracks very nicely, Ailerons are very responsive with no over roll, when I let go of the input the plane stops right where it is. The rudder has more autority than anything I've ever flown, (other than helicopters). Knife ede loops are easy and I'm not anywhere close to *****g the rudder travel, in fact, I backed way out of the rudder travel, I kept over controling the rudder on point rolls and slow rolls.
The only problem I encountered has nothing to do with the airplane. I'm using a 9303 and the stock flaperon set-up, when I try to trim the ailerons, I end up with all four moving in the same dirction. IE: When I trim left aileron into it, all four ailerons droop down like flaps. This realy made the plane fly like crap. I sorted this out by just using the sub trims. I'm sure it's just a programing thing but I can't find anything wrong.

I guess the bottom line, this is an excellent flying plane that I would recommend to anyone.