RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldwing Su-26m Build
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 AM
mschulz531

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldwing Su-26m Build

Well, I was able to resolve the misaligned aileron problem this weekend. I had to remove the aileron by cutting the hinges, realign, cut new hinge slots, and reconnect the aileron. Not really too hard, and thanks for the encouragement "if it was my plane, I'd fix that". My dad has been in and out of the hospital lately and so I've not been thinking clearly about things like this. Of course I should fix it; what was I thinking?

Anyway, the ailerons are connected and the wing servos are mounted. Next is to install the aileron linkage hardware. The supplied hardware includes a long 3.5mm bolt that goes through a plywood panel inside the aileron and a small nut to secure the bolt to the aileron. As I look at this, I wonder if it would make sense to put a washer or some other hardware between the nut and the bolt to provide a more secure (and larger) area of contact around the bolt going through the aileron. If a washer is in order, should it be plastic or is a metal washer acceptable? I thought a plastic washer might avoid some amount of vibration of metal on metal. Perhaps someone who built this ARF or a similar one would comment on how they handled the aileron connector hardware?

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41052.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1574770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22029.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1574771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56860.jpg