RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Letter to your State Rep
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Letter to your State Rep

Still haven't been able to make phone contact with Tom Petri, our local 6th district rep in Congress, who sits on the Transportation Committee as Chair of the Aviation Sub-Committee in the House after discussing the FAA over-reach with his top aid, but still trying again this week. Very busy man!

I still do not know for sure how the AMA is delivering our form letters to our Congressman, hopefully through a lobbyist......Why? Well here in Wisconsin my local State Representative, Randy Hopper, who is a Republican involved in the Madison, WI bruha over Collective Bargaining, blogged today that last week, his office received 56,000 emails, most of them form letters from constituents, with only about 10% coming from his district. Well over 50% are coming from out of state.

With the budget crunch in D.C., I would expect similar numbers in our Congressman's InBox.

So, while all the numbers you guys are running up with our form letters are phenominal, I still think that personal contact should be included whenever possible, even if you only get an aid to listen and relay our concerns to the Congressman. A personal letter, in addition to the point and click form letters, should also be considered.

TA