RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
erans

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view></w:worddocument>dionysusbacchus - What happened is as follows:
The test flight was conducted at 8:30AM and the sun at that time is still reasonably low here at this time of year (Perth, Australia). The sun was to my left just off the runway alignment. I was checking the stall speed with flaps deployed and was fully immersed in it quite amazed at how slow I can get her. Slowly she travelled through the sky advancing from right to left until the sun was actually in my peripheral vision. When she did stall, all I could see is reflection of the sun on the silver colour and then "black" as "shadow side" was towards me.
I did manage to level her briefly, but she was "under the sun" and all I could see is black shadow. I had to turn it as I was suspecting she is flying towards the pit area, and she stalled again this time too low to be recovered. Sorry for the lack of details in my early post.

Alex - I had a look at the U/C yesterday. One looks ever so slightly bent and one (I think) is OK. I will send you e-mail through the site with my active e-mail address (different to the one posted on my profile) and we will take this off line.

</xml>