RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESC with Pulsating Motor
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Firehawk153

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC with Pulsating Motor

Strange issue with my ESC and/or motor.

I've got the Turnigy Superbrain 100amp ESC paired with a Turnigy Typhoon 600H motor on my HK600.

The first time I powered up the esc and motor the can on the outrunner spun intermittently in a jerky, pulsating sort of fashion barely swinging the blades. No matter how much throttle I gave it just kept moving at the same speed. Well, I calibrated my throttle range on the ESC per the instructions and then it started working perfectly. It has been working okay thru 3 flights or so and then the other day it started doing the same thing again. The only thing I changed before I started having this problem was that I adjusted the swash mix for the aileron and elevator; after that its been acting like this

To fix the issue I attempted to

* Reset my throttle curves to linear 0 - 100% and recalibrate the throttle rangeno dice
* reset the settings in the esc and then recalibrate-no dice
* re-uploaded the ESC firmware; reset the settings and recalibratedno dice
* Flashed a different firmware; reset the settings and recalibratedno dice

The ESC and motor both appear to be functional; the esc powers up fine, interfaces with my computer thru the USB linker without any problems. I can make changes to ESC programming and it stores the changes without problems. I'm just guessing I've got a glitch somewhere in setup in the TX that's causing this issue.

I've been thinking about starting with a clean profile on my Dx6i and seeing if that clears up the issue.