RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first day with the Blade MCPX - Review and Videos
Old 03-11-2011, 06:21 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first day with the Blade MCPX - Review and Videos

Thanks for the reply. I got up the nerve to spin it up and found that it was nice and smooth under power.

This thing is exactly what I was looking for: a cp heli that I can practice on for simple hovering, control and orientation in my house. I tossed a couple towels over the FP TV to protect the screen, and spun this little thing up. I'm flying in a basement with really low ceilings (6.5' ) and this thing has no issue at all. I cannot get over how stable it is. I can't get the tail on my 450 to hold anywhere near this well. I'm stunned they managed to get a direct drive fixed pitch tail to hold this well in hover. It will be quite a while till I am able to push it actually flying, but in hover it is more locked in than anything else I've flown. This thing has absolutely no drift at all, and is so stable. It stays exactly how you put it.

The blades have a nasty bite. I had a cat decide to take a go at my mcpx in hover, so I grabbed it out of the air before my cat could get to it. I expected it to hurt a little, but wasn't gonna let my cat take the blades in the face just to spare myself a little whack on the hand. The blade caught me right in my big giant thick caloused thumb. To my surprise it split my thumb about a 1/8 inch deep. Thankfully my caloused skin is almost that thick and I barely showed more than the slightest hint of blood. I guess this is the transition point where you have to start showing the helis that little exra respect. The slightly smaller MSR could only hurt you if it caught you in the eye, but just the little extra size, RPM and the more blade mass and this thing has a lot more pain potential. I'm gonna have to make my son wear a paintball mask flying this thing indoors.